Thomas Love Peacock once said, “The waste of plenty is the resource of scarcity.”
It’s been long when I read this quote and then forgot about. Years passed, I could not really perceive the meaning of this saying. I thought this means when we lost the plenty, there are more chances of the battle being lost.
And today again, when I was watching the FIFA stuff on T.V. this quote suddenly popped up in my mind.
Yes, the plenty of being the waste. Not that the reason for my favorite player who lost the plenty but it was something else. Something more about me, something that was intimidating me and keeping me in that feel.
I remained in the phase for many hours, although I was making all other dealings and were replying to the world, but that was an unseen fear who was manipulating my senses inside deep.
And finally, I guess, that was scarcity. The scarcity of being lost someone. Don’t bother, I have fixed my issue. And now I was thinking almost every second person is suffering from that situation. Worse, everyone single person.
It could be the scarcity of girls, who thought of being raped. The scarcity of a student, who thought of being failed. The scarcity of an entrepreneur who thought of being collapsed. The scarcity of a buyer who thought of being scammed. Or scarcity of a webmaster, who thought of being hacked. Blah blah blah..
In actual, scarcity is an economic term which is used to express where there is more demand than supply. But now a day it’s becoming a mindset where we think there are more expectations from us which we can deliver less. And resultantly, we become queasy.
We charge this mindset by our acts daily. I am not going to talk about those acts here but maybe in some coming articles.
I believe, Scarcity serves for good too. But not always. Right now, if you ever live through the same situation or scarcity mindset (that hit you towards the negative terminal), here are some quotes you must read to exalt yourself:
1. I can’t be all things to everyone.
2. If you can dream it, you can achieve it.
– Zig Ziglar
3. Always remember that the future comes one day at a time.
4. I don’t have any expectations.
5. There is a scarcity of friendship, but not of friends.
6. All clients’ needs and expectations are vastly different.
7. A superhuman will is needed in order to write, and I am only a man.
8. For me, victory isn’t measured by winning in the traditional sense.
9. Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time, more intelligently.
10. Remember that a failure is an event, not a person.
11. No crime is so great as daring to excel.
12. Little strokes fell great oaks.
13. It’s about lessons for life. It’s not just about winning either.
14. I knew after my first lesson what I wanted to do with my life.
-Billie Jean King
15. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.